Thursday 18 July 2013

Cashew Cream

I ventured into making a cream sauce with cashews, and it was delicious! I found I really needed to add salt to counteract the sweetness of the cashews. The dish I made was a baked pasta with spicy cream sauce and roasted red peppers. It tastes sinful but since there's no dairy, it's reasonably healthy. I think this sauce would pair well with anything you would put alfredo sauce with, such as broccoli. 
I also tried the sweet route and made a sweet cashew cream sauce, using vanilla, some cane sugar and almond milk to make a cream sauce to go over strawberry shortcake. My fiancee, who isn't even a vegan, loved it!
Let me know in the comments if you've tried your hand at cashew-based cream sauces.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing (and the sweet version sounds heavenly!)! Can you post the recipe?

    Yum!!

    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larissa,
    I was planning on doing a "Red, White and Green" vegan pasta sauce post within the next week, mapping out my favourite recipes for pasta sauces of all three varieties. Check back within the week! :)

    ReplyDelete